Monday, September 08, 2008

Foodie Weekend

What a weekend! We went to the Ranger game on Friday night (see post below), which is always a good time. On Saturday I got the cooking itch. I had told Mike that once September rolled around I would start cooking more. So, Saturday morning I busted out the recipes and got to work on a grocery list. Be impressed please. I usually shop at Target, but Market Street just opened in Frisco and I had to check it out. I took Mike along for the ride, and it was SO amazing! It's like a grocery store on steroids. It's like Disney World for foodies. It was SOOOOO crowded, but we managed. Here are a few pictures.





When we got home, I had more food in my fridge than ever before. And when I say ever before, you could probably take all of the food I have ever had in my fridge and it wouldn't equal what is in there now. That afternoon, I decided that I just had to make these cupcakes. Cupcakes with cookie dough inside...nothing but yummy. For the recipe go here.



The fun didn't stop there! This Wednesday is Mike's birthday, so we met my family for a celebration lunch on Sunday. It was Kristy's birthday, too, so it was a family event.







Finally, I cooked dinner on Sunday night (another Kelly's recipes creation), and invited some friends over for dinner. Yes, I am basically Martha Stewart now. Let's just see if I can keep it up!


3 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

My goodness! How bout you move back to Arlington and become my personal chef?!

Zach said...

Wow...since you told me to be impressed then I guess I am impressed. Mike, happy day of Birth Amigo!

The Joyce Family said...

Sounds like I need to find my why to your house for a home cooked dinner! BTW what adorable children in those pics!!!