Monday, September 15, 2008

Dear Goodness


I am ridiculous. In every situation, it seems that I make it as difficult as possible. Nothing is ever simple. Tonight, I was supposed to take food to the Sherman's, who just had a beautiful little girl. I had planned a yummy meal, but then I realized that if I actually made said meal I would be delivering it around 8:00 at night. So, after school I jumped in the car and headed to Market Street. I picked up new potatoes, salad, salmon, and headed out. When I got to the Sherman's house, I assumed that my job was over. All I had to do was get out of the car and deliver the food. Oh, but wait. I'm ridiculous. I almost forgot. Yes, I DROPPED the salmon in the middle of their street. It fell, and there it was staring up off the pavement at me. The Sherman's dinner. I'm not going to lie. For a split second, I panicked and actually considered picking it up. I did pick it up, but quickly came to my senses. A good meal deliverer does not drop your food in the middle of the street and then bring it to you. So...I jumped in the car, started driving around the block, panicking because I have no idea what I am going to do. My mom got a very frantic phone call and talked some sense into me. Luckily, I had bought a rack of pork ribs for Mike and I for dinner, so I shamefully pulled back up in front of the house, took the pork ribs to the door, and explained the situation. Of course, Sarah is a very nice person, so even if she thought I was crazy she didn't show it. The moral of this story: buy gift cards for people...when they fall on the ground they don't get ruined.

6 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

So my question is this....did you need your mom to convince you to give up your ribs (b/c I know how you love your food)? Or did you simply forget about them until you started talking to her.

Leah said...

Oh how funny!! I could so see that happening to you! But what a drive back and forth from Wylie to Frisco!! :-) You're so funny!

Greg G said...

fumble! what about the 5-second rule????

Sarah Sherman said...

Thanks so much for giving up your ribs for us for dinner. They were super yummy. I'm so sorry about the salmon!

Wholly Hannah said...

Haha - love it. That is why I did sign up to take them gift cards - but that really has more to do with my lack of cooking skills....

Amanda McD said...

so, yes... i love my food and it took a minute to resign myself to not having ribs... it's a sickness