Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shoes and Lemonade

This week hasn't been nearly as eventful as last week. But few things in life are as eventful as spending the day making sure 5th and 6th graders don't disappear or harm each other while under your watch.

This week has been all about trying to get the house back in order and figure out what is still on the list to get done before Max gets here. I keep reminding myself that he won't actually be walking when he gets here, so I probably don't need to worry about covering the electrical plugs just yet. But I do like to be prepared.

Two things have pretty much dominated my week: shoes and sparkling strawberry lemonade. On the shoe front, I now know what it must feel like to be a butcher stuffing sausage casings. Seriously. I have a whole summer to go, so my shoes really should still fit. But they don't. I ventured out to buy some, which only made the situation worse. Does a butcher want you watching him stuff sausage casings? I don't think so. It became very clear that if I wasn't willing to go up a size (or 3) it just wasn't happening. I did finally find a pair, but they are nothing to write home about. Or write a blog about.

On the sparkling strawberry lemonade front, Sonic is trying to suck even more money out of me than usual. But it's just so good! And somehow it makes me feel better than ordering a chocolate cream pie milkshake. Probably because it's less than half the calories. Luckily my friend Misty shared an excellent recipe for strawberry lemonade with me! You mix one can frozen condensed lemonade (thawed) with four cans of water, and then you add a large tub of sweetened sliced strawberries (thawed). Yum! I've been mixing half a glass of that with half a glass of Sprite to make my own sparkling concoction. Take that Sonic! Until I want a milkshake, that is.


Oh! And I have to admit something. As much as I talk about WalMart, I must give credit where credit is due. I went Monday, and I was very impressed by the changes in the produce department. Well played, WalMart. Well played.

Photobucket

5 comments:

chelsea fox said...

You crack me up! I miss you and wish I could go have a Sonic date with you right now :)

Misty said...

I'm glad you liked it! It sure is addicting stuff!

Unknown said...

I know they aren't the prettiest things ever, but my crocks got me through my last few months! When I was teaching I needed something that fit, wasn't going to make my feet hurt, and better yet, not make my already breaking back hurt more! I haven't touched them since, but I loved those things when the pounds of the baby started weighing on me! They've even come up with some different styles since I had Eli (still not great), but when it comes to pregnancy comfort is definitely more important than looks! I hope your new shoes work out well!

Anonymous said...

FLIP FLOPS!! I was pregnant with twins through mid-summer and they saved my feet. If you check out Old Navy, they usually have a ton of cute colors and designs that are pretty cheap. Also Payless will run a BOGO. They have some pretty cute stuff too. Atleast at these two places, You wont have to break the bank but get something cute!

Mark & Kristin Walker said...

Yeah I wore flip flops like November-January and my Sperry's!! That was all I could do! but actually that is all i really do anyway! haha :)