Wednesday, June 23, 2010

VBX

Whew! What a busy week it has been! Mike and I have been helping with our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School), and it has been a blast! Tiring...but a blast!

We are in charge of 5th and 6th grade VBS, which is actually called VBX (because 5th and 6th graders are X-tremely cool obviously). Basically, we are more self-contained than the rest of the VBS, and we spend our days playing games, crafting it up, memorizing verses, and if you are a VBX boy, trying to figure out ways to take years off my life. Such as seeing if I really meant it when I said hot glue was extremely hot. Or figuring out a way to turn basically any game into an extreme sport.

This age group just cracks me up! They are too old to trick into doing preschool crafts like my 4th graders once upon a time, but they are still young enough that the idea of tying a balloon to their leg and running around the gym sounds like pure heaven. And, by the way, if you load a paper bag up with potato chips and tell them they have to eat it without using their hands, they will pretty much love you forever. Just FYI.

We are having a great time learning about the ways God cares for us and learning how we can rely on Him and His plan for our lives...definitely something we ALL need to be reminded of! Now I'm off to load more bags with potato chips...


Photobucket

No comments: