Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yum!

Yesterday morning was my oh so fabulous glucose test. I was pretty stoked to wake up and drink this:


Something about the name just screamed delicious! I actually didn't anticipate it being that bad, and it wasn't. Except for the intense burning in my throat. That's not really what you're looking for in a breakfast drink.


All done!

I was really hoping I would pass the one hour test, but for some reason I'm not super shocked that I didn't. I know it's fairly common not to. My levels weren't really high above the "normal" range at all, so I'm hoping that the three hour test confirms no gestational diabetes in sight. Frankly, since his dad weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces at birth I don't think Max needs any help gaining extra weight!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You got to drink your's at home? Lucky dog. I had to drink mine at the office with a timer in my hand. Oh the stress!

Libby said...

Amen to the no help gaining weight...Kyle was over 11 pounds and I pray it isn't a boy thing and it was fluke he was so big:) I hope that the 3 hour test is normal!