Wednesday, July 07, 2010

St. Louis, Part the First

Mike and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary later this month, but we went ahead and got the party started this past weekend with a quick trip to St. Louis. It was so much fun, and it is a great place for vacation. The whole weekend I just kept thinking that I can't wait to take Max and his future brothers or sisters back with us! For now though, it was really nice to get away just the two of us.

On the way there we stopped at Lambert's to eat. It was so incredibly crowded, but those "throwed" rolls are worth it!


Apparently I took this picture in 1982. But you get the idea. The idea of what it looks like when I eat large amounts of bread in one sitting.

Friday night we went to a Cardinals game. You know if there is a major league stadium anywhere around, we are going to find it. It was fun, because a lot of people where we live now are Cardinals fans. Their minor league team, the Redbirds, play in Memphis, and St. Louis is probably the closest team to this area. Mike decided the Cardinals can be our National league team, since our American league Rangers will always be our favorite!

Whew...enough about that. Back to the game! It was a blast. Mike says he told me about the seats he got us, but I didn't remember which isn't completely shocking. I was totally surprised and excited. We were in the Redbirds Club, so we sat in the shade, in padded seats, and we had a separate food court with great food and restrooms to use. He even got me a seat on the aisle. He knows how to keep this pregnant girl happy!




They were giving these away at the game. I think the piece of hair hanging in my face makes the look extra special.

Is it a bird? Is it a person? Who knows?

Yes. I took a picture of the food choices. It's good to remember the most important things about the trip.

At this point I almost passed out.

What? Haven't you ever seen a guy eat a giant red velvet cupcake at a baseball game before?

These guys were part of the pregame show. And that's our hotel in the background. It was great for watching fireworks on Sunday!

I'm not sure if I wanted you to see the plane flying over or let you know about the apartments for lease. Either way...it works.

Albert Pujols. Because after all, it was a baseball game.

The game was great and the Cardinals won! The rest of the weekend was a blast too, but I'll write more about it later. I think that's enough craziness for one post!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

That cupcake looks soooo good. And I love the pictures of the ballpark. Y'all have a great camera...the quality of the pictures are awesome.

PS I really want a cupcake now.

joeandjan said...

Wow! I'm pretty sure the Rangers don't have such wonderful dessert offerings. Of course, I've never sat in the "Ranger Club" before (is there one of those?) Love all the pictures but that picture of the stadium with the arch behind it is really cool. Glad y'all had a wonderful time.