Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Great Week

VBS 2010

Yesterday was the big day...my three hour glucose test. Let me tell you what. That's a good time. Thankfully, I passed, and I won't even tell you what I ate yesterday to celebrate. But it involves pizza. And popcorn. And chicken fingers. All that to say, I felt pretty fabulous by last night when I passed out in a food coma. Today I am a new woman. Except for the fact that I ended up bringing about 1000 fun-size candy bars home from VBS yesterday, and they have been whispering sweet nothings to me from the pantry all day. I may have had one or two. Or six.

Yesterday was the last day of VBS, and I was so sad to miss it. I DID get there at the very end. Right in time for Mike to inform me that we was about to go up on stage and have his head shaved. Which I totally knew about before hand. But not really. The kids had raised over $1000 for missions, so off with his hair! They loved it, and I think he's enjoying his new summer 'do.


I don't know what this picture says about him...ha!

Overall, it was a great week. I'm looking forward to lots more fun coming up in July! Trips to St Louis and Dallas, our 5th anniversary, and getting closer to Max's arrival...can't wait!

Photobucket

3 comments:

joeandjan said...

Tell Mike I'm disappointed. When you said shaved, I thought you meant shaved clean! BTW, western must be a popular them for VBS this summer--that was our theme too!

destiny said...

You do have some fun to look forward to!! I love St. Louis!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Mark & Kristin Walker said...

nice!! the things we do for kids.... at least i only have to get pies in my face! haha