Thursday, June 10, 2010

According to Me

With our move to Mississippi, I have become quite the WalMart shopper. While I was more of a Target girl in Texas, here Target doesn't really come in "super" size and it's a good 20 to 30 minute drive from my house. And that's a different 20 minutes than the 20 it takes to drive through Frisco construction!

I have learned to embrace my new WalMart ways, especially since we have a lovely, nice, new one in our town, and it's the place to be. But I have to admit that there are a few things that really drive me crazy. Not so much about WalMart...but about my fellow WalMart shoppers. So, because I know that all the people who actually shop at WalMart read my blog, I would like to just share a few tips on being a kind and considerate fellow shopper.

1. The parking lot is designed in rows for a reason. I know that when nobody is there it is easy to zoom around like you are playing bumper cars, but at least look to see that you are the only one around. I don't want to get my car totaled for actually driving in a legal and appropriate manner.

2. Put your cart away! I realize that this may mean you have to walk to a cart return or (gasp!) back in the store. But your cart does not belong in a parking spot, in the middle of the road, or resting against my car. And to the man who I literally saw turn around and push his cart as hard and fast as he could away from his car only to land wherever it may: too far, Mr. Too far.

3. If you decide you don't want a product put it back where it belongs. Ice cream does not belong in the pasta section. That's just gross.

4. I love friends. And I love talking. But if you are deep in conversation with your long lost BFF who you just happened to run into at Wally World, please make sure people can get around you in the aisle. And don't look at them, see that they need to get by, and then just go back to talking. You are not that important. I promise.

Okay, I feel much better now. But if I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting oooooooooooh so long for a post like this. I too am a DFW transplant that lives in the Cordova/Memphis area. I swear the Walmarts around here operate as if they are on another planet. I cant tell you how many times I have asked an employee (when I was lucky to find one) if they would show me where something was and their response was "thats not my department" and no they didnt even attempt to look.

Heidi said...

Hmmm...the very reason I said No Way to driving to Walmart to return a $4 item!! Buying it in the first place would have been torture enough! Obviously, I'm not a fan of Walmart, its employees or shoppers because I have experienced all in your post + having a gross old man stare me down as he whipped into a parking space that I clearly had my signal on to turn into, coming from the wrong direction mind you! So then I had to sit there while he backed up and maneuvered into the space! Apparently I am still quite traumatized and that was at least 10 years ago! Oh my! Super Target for me! Sorry for you that you don't have one, but maybe God has placed you in just such a position as this, for such a time as this! Haha!

The Lewis Family said...

And that's why I hate Wal-Mart.

Nelle said...

I am lol here. You know I am way up north in NJ. In the past year they have built two new Walmarts near me. (Well 10 mins in opposite directions.)The shoppers here are the SAME. Been to a Walmart in remote upstate NY and the same there. Except, that the women there were still sporting mullets.
Even her kids had them ::shudder::
In the one closest to me I have had my car rammed by a woman who wanted to beat me into the line I was already standing in. Had to remove carts off the bumper of my two year old car which had mild scratches on it. I could go on and on. While I like the bargains that they have, I usually will go to Target if I need more than one or two items. I can see we need to start praying for a Target in your area. :)

Rhonda said...

I know Walmart is waaaaayy cheaper than Tom Thumb, but I hate shopping there. Does that mean that the cheapest people are the most rude? Or that we see a wider variety of people there?

chelsea fox said...

you are hilarious! i miss walking with you friend. i'm finally back into the blog world so you better believe i'm checking in on your blog :) miss you guys!