Friday, January 16, 2009

What's Been Goin' On

I have wondered for many months now when I would finally write these words on my blog. I hoped I would have good news to share when I did, but I think the time has come. By now, many of you know that Mike and I have been trying to get pregnant for quite a while now (a little over a year for those of you who are curious). We are confident that God has a wonderful plan for our family, and at this point we are patiently (and some days not so patiently) waiting on His timing.

Those of you who have gone through the whole infertility process may relate to the feeling of living your life month to month. Sometimes I am perfectly content and know that God is in ultimate control of my life, and sometimes I just get mad (but still know that God is in ultimate control of my life!) I feel like my introduction into the blogging world has really helped me over the past year. I know that sounds kind of strange, but I think that I would have felt so much more alone in this journey if I did not know that so many other girls were struggling through this part of their lives in the same way. Many of these girls have been trying for years to get pregnant, and it just puts so much in perspective.

In the past few weeks, though, God has really started to burden my heart for all the girls around me, girls I "do life" with everyday that are struggling with the same things that I am. While I obviously can't name these girls on my blog, I would like to ask you to pray for these girls in the coming months. God has a perfect plan for all of our lives, but sometimes it is hard for us to understand these plans until we see them in the rear view mirror!

8 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

Call me after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you posted this-- I'm sure, in a strange way, you feel a bit more "free."

Rhonda said...

I love you, Manda!! You too, Mike. Since you have started this journey I have realized how widespread the problem seems to be, and I have been praying for you and all the others...including the many listed on Kelly's blog. Our God is bigger than any problem we have and we must remember He has already overcome!!!!

Aaron & Erin said...

We are praying for you and Mike! We have had many friends struggle with this and have seen how hard it is on them. We love you and look foward to seeing what God will do!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:18)

The following verse is the one that comforted me when I was pregnant with Anderson and the doctors thought there might be something wrong with him:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus!" (Philippians 4:6-7)

Leah said...

You know we love you! You will be in my prayers and good luck tomorrow! :) Things will work out perfectly in time and in God! You are so strong my dear!

brooke said...

Hey girl, I love you tons! Congrats on coming out of the fertility closet :)

Libby said...

I know we don't talk much, but I want you to know y'all are in our prayers as well...God bless you both...

joeandjan said...

Manda, I'm thinking of y'all daily and lifting you up to the Father in prayer. Y'all are such an example to me and others on how to be truly obedient to God's will. I love y'all and am Sooooo (Aunt Jan's need for excess) proud to be your Aunt. Love you.

Courtney said...

hey thanks for sharing this...matt and i love you guys and will be lifting you up as we go throughout our day.