Monday, January 26, 2009

Patternitis


I may or may not have an obsession.

I'm sure that a lot of you recognize those brightly colored patterns, otherwise known as Vera Bradley goodness. I have found that people have one of two reactions to Vera: deep love or deep hate. I have a deep love for Vera that stems back to college. I have never heard of Vera before college, and all of a sudden all of these girls are carrying them all over campus. I was but a poor college student, but every time I went to Spice (sic 'em) I would look through each pattern deciding which one I would get. Then, one day I went in and there was one on sale! Ahh! So my first pattern was born: Americana Red. Oh yeah.

But since then I have developed a bit of a problem. I like to call it Patternitis. This is a serious illness, people. It is not to be taken lightly. Patternitis is the inability to stick with one pattern. Patternitis can be caused by several things. 1. They keep retiring patterns. 2. They keep coming out with new patterns. 3. I like them all (except for a few unfortunates I won't mention in case you own them).

My Patternitis has recently been exacerbated by this little beauty:


Inevitably, every time I walk in, I leave like this:


Then, they send you a $20 gift card for your birthday and then tell you that if you spend a little bit more you get the oh so cute binder clips. Then, you walk out with these:




It could be worse. I could have a real disease. Like Gucci-itis.

8 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

You are so funny! You know how I feel about Vera, but that little purse thing in the 2nd to last picture is really cute.

Maybe one day we'll be rich enough to have a real disease....

Hillary Kouba said...

I'm obsessed too! I've started gathering pieces for the girls in their own sets. Their lunch sacks and diaper bags (back packs) are matching vera bradley patterns as well! What am I going to do for a boy? I guess find a really masculine pattern!

Lauren Kate said...

I got my pattern a long time ago, maybe jr high or high school...can't remember the exact name but I loved it and it was in my fav color red. Then they retired it. Not happy I chose another pattern and then they retired that. Then I retired Vera for good. I wish they'd give you more notice!

Rhonda said...

Of course the disease is hereditary!! Lucky for the me I live farther away from the goodness that is the Vera store!!

brooke said...

Cute title. Missing from the 1st pic is the VB tissue cover I sent you :)

Libby said...

Oh how cute! I might need to get some patternitis myself:)

McChatterbox said...

You changed your blog look and I really like it. Is there someplace you get templates from? All of them are so lovely. I do like Vera and I like the pink one above the green one very much. I have a Vera Bradley garment carrier, it was a gift with my initials embroidered on it and it's an old dull blue pattern but protects things nicely.

Wholly Hannah said...

I've been stung - especially since you sent me off to that wonderful/awful store! I must say I first contracted patternitis when all my friends in elementary school had it except for me!! I've sent recovered and dealt with those issues, but also think I've been hit with the Gucci-itis bug, as I sit here typing this wearing my Gucci glasses...I'll stop rambling now