Friday, January 23, 2009

My Husband the Bug


No, Mike isn't training to become the next Michael Phelps (because you know Phelps wears his goggles around all day). Today Mike had his SECOND lasik eye surgery. He had his first back before we got married, but apparently his eyes weren't done growing. He had an eye spurt, if you will.

Anyways, he has worn glasses for the last few years, but his eyes have kind of leveled out. So...back to the eye cutting. I am not going to lie, I don't really understand the whole procedure. I'm more of a contacts kind of girl. I was thinking about it today, though, and lasik is a pretty sweet deal.

Why? I'm glad you asked. 1. They give you valium. 2. You get to wear really cool goggles. 3. They make you go straight home and sleep as long as you can. 4. When you wake up, no more contacts or glasses. That's good stuff. As long as you don't have an eye spurt.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Too funny. Pharmaceuticals are a very good thing...so is sleeping. And the goggles are just an added bonus. Glad you are better, Mike. I'm praying for no more eye spurts.

Lauren Kate said...

Tell Mike how jealous of him I am! I have been blindo the bat since
3rd grade and would love to wake up and see one day! Awesome! :-)