Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Chicken Dance

I know I have been a little absentee lately. This has to do with several things...
a. I have a lot rolling around in my head right now that I'm not ready to write about yet.
b. I have been sitting on my couch doing nothing.
c. We got Netflix for Christmas...'nuf said.

Anywho...I DO have a quite funny story, but it may only be funny if you have ever worked with kids. Every week, we have an assembly and we do a "movement" song. That's just a fancy way to say we get down in the cafeteria. Today, we started a new song...The Chicken Dance...and oldie but goodie in the K-5 crowd.

Did ya'll know that the Chicken Dance has words to go with it? Well...I'm pretty sure that none of the teachers or administration knew until all of the kids started doing the motions and chanting..."I don't want to be a chicken...I don't want to be a duck...so I'll shake my butt."

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but when you realize that you have just turned on a song that has these lyrics in a room of kids it's kind of a big deal.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

hey me and my room mate got netflix! it's awesome.

Rhonda said...

Nothing like a little butt shaking...maybe tomorrow you could lead them in a rousing rendition of the song made famous by Sir Mix-a-lot. You know, in keeping with the theme and all.

The Lewis Family said...

I'm still waiting on you to post your picture... I'm just saying.

And, I agree with your mom-- a little Sir Mix-a-lot wouldn't hurt. Besides, they probably know the words and have dance moves to that song already.