Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas


I have a dilemma. I am getting the itch to go ahead and decorate for Christmas. I mean, my fall stuff has been out for two months now. I feel like I have given the fall season the proper respect that it deserves. If the malls and the restaurants can do it, can't I? And I think it's sad that Christmas only gets a few weeks of pretty. I'm not one to leave my Christmas stuff up until New Years (I get that from my mother who starts taking our tree down pretty much as soon as the presents are open), so I figure if I start now Christmas will get a bit of extra time.

The one thing I won't do, though, is put my Christmas stuff up outside until after Thanksgiving. So...if you come to my house before Thanksgiving, you may get a little fall on the outside and Christmas on the inside. I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity holiday decorator. How about you? Are you a strict after Thanksgiving person or a do whatever you want kinda person? Although if you are a keep your lights up year-round person, I'm sorry. I cannot support that. Even I have limits.

6 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

I'm decorating next Sunday (and a little throughout the week if I have time). Just inside stuff, though. The tree and outside stuff will go up Thanksgiving weekend. And we are a strict leave up til New Year's Day family. Do whatever your little heart desires!! Normally I would force myself to wait and do it all Thanksgiving weekend, but we'll be in NC so it makes it tough.

McChatterbox said...

This entry made me smile. My Mom is so into Christmas decorating! She wants us to put the tree up on Thanksgiving weekend while her nieces from upstate NY are there cause they are such great workers. She then replaces her CURTAINS even in the kitchen and family room. Can we say "carried away"? lol I have the itch this year since I have a beautiful new table runner I am so eager to see. That will come out the day after Thanksgiving. I have always taken my tree down New Years Even but if I have light issues I sometimes do it sooner. I love the prelit trees but when you have a light issue it is a real problem. I just bought a gun from QVC that is supposed to work and I sure hope so. Is it to early to wish you a Merry Christmas? :)

Rhonda said...

I am starting on Tuesday. I like to have everything done before my kids (the other 2) come home for Thanksgiving. Then I have time for shopping, movie watching, game playing, and eating!! I agree with the "only inside the house rule" though. And since you are going to be at Mickey's house the beginning of December, I would for sure get a head start on getting into the spirit. I know Disney is already decorated and it's good enough for Disney then it's good enough for me!!

Lauren Kate said...

Nothing Christmas for me before December 1st. That includes decorations, Christmas music, etc. It's funny that you said Christmas doesn't last long enough because it lasts too long for me! ;-)

Aaron & Erin said...

I am a put the decorations up and start listening to the music after Thanksgiving and then take them down and stop listening to the music after New Year's kinda girl!

Courtney said...

that a girl...I am proud of you