Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Recap


My mom and I had a fairly relaxing Black Friday. Mike and I spent the night with Mike's dad (Mr. Bill if you will), and Mike drove me over to my mom's house at 7:00. I must give Mike credit, because he did go on one shopping expedition with me! We stopped at Walgreen's because they had a sale on their lighted "Christmas trees in a pot." That's a technical term. Two for 20! I'm going to set them up on the porch later today and see how they look.

Anyways, my mom and I met my aunt at the Galleria at 8:00. It was crowded this year, but nothing like I remember in the past. We got some great deals, but we didn't go after it with our normal gusto. I think old age is making us lazy. On the way home, we stopped for some hot chocolate and browsed through Crate and Barrel and The Container Store. Overall, a very productive day! (Plus later Mike schooled my whole family on the Wii). How did you spend your Black Friday? Are you a shopper or a lounger?

2 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

I am so sad I misse out on the shopping with you guys! No one can shop like your mom and Jan on Black Friday!

Wholly Hannah said...

did you finally get your north face fleece - maybe in preparation for a certain trip? i love it!