Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Glittering Christmas Trees

I decided that I needed some glittery Christmas trees to go above the TV, but they are expensive! So, I made them myself. The pictures don't do them justice...I promise they are a lot cuter in person. The glitter is much more bright and fun. Try making some today...it was SO easy!

1. Make sure you have Styrofoam trees, glue, paint, glitter, ribbon, or whatever else you want to make your trees pretty.


2. I started by painting my trees green and red so the white wouldn't show through. I let them dry for about 45 minutes.


3. Use a brush to add a thin layer of glue. I used Martha Stewart glittering glue from Michael's, but Elmer's School Glue works just fine. I did one tree at a time.


4. Start pouring on the glitter! Don't worry about wasting it. You can pour it back in the bottle when you are done.


5. Let them dry for at least an hour. You may need to go back in and fill in some little spots. Tie some ribbon on at the top and voila!


Like I said...these pictures make them look washed out and sad, but they are so fun in person!

No comments: