Thursday, November 13, 2008

Amanda the Librarian

As many of you probably know, I am a school librarian. I love my job! It is never boring, and I feel like I am finally where I should be. It's kind of funny to be a 26-year-old librarian. People come in all the time asking for the librarian, and I have to say...um...that would be me! As much as I love being in the library, there are definitely some things I miss about the classroom. As I was driving to work this morning, though, I was thinking about some of the reasons I'm glad to be the librarian. To all my teacher friends out there, you are the best and nobody will EVER understand how hard you work until they walk a day in your shoes! So here it is...I do love a good list.

Reasons I miss the classroom
1. I miss having 22 sweet faces come through my door every morning ready to learn.
2. I miss having my own class to "manage." I feel less in control in the library.
3. I miss those moments when it all makes sense and they can tell me what they learned.
4. I miss the random moments...like when my sweet little red headed Nicholas would walk around all day singing "Bom chicka wa wa."


Reasons I don't miss the classroom
1. I have 500 sweet faces walk through my door ready to read.
2. No outside recess during the winter...whoo hoo!
3. No grades...or grading.
4. Because all kids love the library...or at least they tell me they do.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I'm right there with you! Granted, I never had a classroom of my own, but being able to interact with ALL of the children at the school, what a blessing. However, then you don't get "rid" of that one student that just drove you crazy! He'll be back next year! :)

The Lewis Family said...

You should seriously reconsider ordering that "Librarians Rock" t-shirt. It would be such a nice touch for Fridays!

Our Family said...

The t-shirt would be great and then you should list like the top 10's of being a librarian..I mean you already have 4 things!