Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How Mississippi Lied

Okay, maybe calling Mississippi a liar is a bit strong. I've always been taught that calling someone a liar is rude, and I'm guessing calling an entire state a liar is taking rudeness to a whole level I don't want to go to. Probably the same level as people who speed up just to prove that they are way too important to pass on the highway. Or people who cut in lines. But I digress.

Instead, why don't we say that Mississippi didn't tell me the whole truth. When we were interviewing and visiting last summer, don't get me wrong. It was hot. But we always took great comfort in checking the weather back home in Texas and seeing that it was a good 5 to 10 degrees hotter. We would giggle when people asked us if we were going to be able to handle the heat here. Are you kidding? This is nothing. We're from Texas! An extra cold winter even confirmed what we already knew. It just doesn't get as hot here. Or so we thought.

But we forgot about the heat index. And a little thing called humidity. Oh my sweet goodness, the humidity. The kind of humidity that makes you wonder if a swimsuit is proper Sunday morning church attire. It's not by the way. Not that I tried it. But I did in my head, and it didn't go well.

The moral of this story? I'm not super sure. But I do know one thing. Whether you live in Mississippi, Texas, or anywhere else in the south, hot is hot when it comes to the summer months. So just get yourself a swimsuit and kiddie pool and stick it out. Just change before you go to church.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It probably doesn't help either that you are in the last trimester of your pregnancy! That may make things a little hotter! LOL!

Our Family said...

haha...you blog looks great!

Heidi said...

Love your random thoughts. I smiled! Also, love the new blog design!

Leah said...

Love it! It sure is hot! Living in Louisiana and Arkansas for several years, I know how you can forget about that wonderful humidity! :)

Love the new blog look! :)

Brooke & Freeland said...

Hey! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I loved reading through your blog and cant wait to see pictures of your little one soon!!! How exciting!!!