Sunday, August 15, 2010

Donuts and Veggies

We're winding down the weekend here in good ol' Mississippi, and it's been a hot one! Unless you live in Alaska, I'm sure it's been a hot one for you too. Despite the heat, we managed to have a great time and I'm sad it went so fast...

Thursday I ran some errands and went to lunch with Mike. By the end of lunch, I was fairly nervous that I was about to go into labor at any moment. I followed that up with either breaking or severely bruising my toe, so overall it was a great day. Ha! I spent Thursday night worrying that I was going to end up at the hospital with no bags packed and toes in need of a pedicure (and most importantly a due date more than 6 weeks away), but eventually I decided that if my toe hurt worse than anything else I probably wasn't in labor. They should tell girls that in childbirth class. It's a good rule of thumb.

Friday night my mother came into town, which is always exciting! I think she was a little shocked at how messy our house actually is at the moment, but we can't do anything about it until construction ends. So...no getting things back in order this weekend. Instead we ate donuts. But we followed that up with a trip to the Farmer's Market, so that evened everything out. I even had a salad with avocado in it for dinner. Everyone knows that's the sign of a super healthy person.

By the end of the day, my mom had helped me get a lot of things marked off my to-do list, packing being the most important thing! It's still early, but you just never know. I keep hearing stories about people going into labor a month early, which would be just two weeks away. That makes me super excited, but it also scares me to death! Really, though, we could still be waiting in October, so who knows? As long as he stays in as long as he needs to and is ready, he can do whatever he wants! Well, unless we really do get to October. Then he may need a talking to.

Photobucket

No comments: