Monday, August 09, 2010

Birthin' Class

This weekend we took a break from construction and mayhem to attend our childbirth class. We decided to do the all day class instead of the weekly classes, because the hospital is actually up in Tennessee. And yes, that fact has left me in fear of delivering a child on the side of the highway, but I don't think that's likely to happen. It's only about 30 minutes away, and I don't think it's likely to be a short and simple process. That's not how I like to do things.

Anywho, the class was actually a lot more informative and helpful than I thought it would be. Nor was it as frightening as I thought it was going to be. They did play "the video," but they saved it for the end. Smart. Very smart. I only saw one guy that looked like he may pass out, but there were lots of head shakes of disbelief around the room. By that time, we had been talking childbirth for 7 hours, so you had to cut the guys some slack. I felt kinda faint myself! Much worse than "the video" though: the epidural video. There's a reason they put it in your back where you can't see it!

In other news, since I can't clean up a lot around here I have taken to cleaning out drawers and whatever else I can think of. When the mess starts to stress me out, I just go stand in my newly organized pantry. It works wonders I tell you. I'm thinking about moving the bed in there. Bonus: midnight snacks at my fingertips!


33 Weeks. I get the urge to shout, "Thar she blows!" everytime I see this picture. 7 weeks to go!

Photobucket

1 comment:

chelsea fox said...

You look so cute and so happy! So excited for you guys! :)