Friday, September 04, 2009

The Thrill of the Hunt

I am long overdue on posting more information about the BIG MOVE, but I will make time for that really soon. Today was a big day for me. It was my last trip to Canton's First Monday before we cross the state line and become Mississippians. Is that what they call people who live in Mississippi? I'd better figure that out. Maybe I can convince them to call me a Texissippian.

It could not have been a better weekend to go to Canton. Although it was SUPER humid and pretty hot, it could have been a lot worse. I don't know if it was the holiday or the threat of bad weather, but I have never seen the grounds so empty of people. Bad for the vendors. Good for us. I felt like apologizing to all of them for the lack of people, but I have to admit that I liked not getting run over. I went with my mom and sister, and we were able to cover lots of ground quickly. We were all about on the verge of passing out by the time we got in the car, but it was a great day!

Here are a few pictures from the day, and some pictures of a few purchases. Just for the record, I have a strict "no showering, make-up, or brushing the hair" rule on Canton days. So I apologize for what you are about to see.


These are what you call "fancy."


These are what you call "fancier." They have built in disco ball earrings. Seriously. It's a win - win.


I tried to talk myself out of this hat, but I just decided I NEEDED it. I don't know exactly why, since we are moving away from the Rangers, but I will figure it out. Anyone have any baseball games that need attending?


I loved these. That's all.


I am beyond explaining why I need another purse. I got one for my sister-in-law Amy, too. She understands.


I saw this in a shop. I am pretty sure I know what state it is. A sign of good shopping to come in Mississippi? I hope so.

No comments: