Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite Books

Today's Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner is all about your favorite books. The librarian in me just had to join in! Throughout my life, anytime I had to write down or talk about my favorite hobbies, reading was at the top of the list. I'm not sure where or why I decided I liked it so much, but I do have a mom who's a big reader. So there you go. Thanks, Mom.

Anyhow, growing up I had a ton of favorites. My grandparents bought me a computer when I was in the 4th grade, and the only thing I still remember doing on it was creating a data base of my Baby-Sitter's Club books. I also spent a lot of time in front of the bookshelves making sure they were in numerical order, along with all of the Anne of Green Gables series. Clearly, I had a lot going on as a child.

And the obsession never stopped. I've always been a big reader to the point that I have to limit myself. If I have a book in front of me I won't quit until it's done. I never finished Jane Eyre in high school English, because I was too busy going through my Patricia Cornwell phase and I was reading The Bone Collector. The sad thing is my teacher knew I was such a big reader that she would have never suspected that my five minute book report was the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. I kept thinking she would look straight into my brain and realize I pretty much winged the whole thing. I'm a terrible person. Sorry Mrs. Farr.

So for the sake of brevity (ha), here are some of my favorites.

My favorite book ever. Seriously, I have yet to meet a woman who has read this book and not absolutely loved it.


My favorite book growing up. Those March girls get me every time.


A classic I actually did read.


That sweet sweet tree. Oh the tears.


Although I could name children's books all day long, this was the most fun to read out loud with my younger elementary kids. So So cute.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

AHHH! Two of my favorites on your list!! Obviously, Redeeming Love. DUH! But, I do love the Pout Pout Fish! I can't wait to read that to Annie. It is hilarious!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Oh I love all your books especially Redeeming Love!

Nelle said...

I love books. As a child I read Little Women and went crazy when our school had book fairs. We had a grandmother and great grandmother who bought us books. I set up a "library" in our basement and had my little sister and brother check books out. I remember the joys of reading Lorna Doone. I loved Wuthering Heights and all those type books. Today I am reading Jodi Picoult. My great grandmother taught me to read at age 5 and she went blind when I was 7. I went to her house and read her the Bible everyday after school. She was a beautiful woman who gave me many gifts.