Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Comes Around Goes Around

Today I sat in my office and had a coversation with a 5th grade boy about how alternative rock anti-authority bands are totally coming back after being overshadowed by pop for the past few years. He was shocked and amazed that I knew the name of his favorite band: Green Day. After all, he wasn't even born when their first record came out. When I said that I knew some of their songs, I thought he was going to pass out. When did I get old? I distinctly remember having this conversation with my mother several times, except it was me who was shocked that my mom would be cool enough to know about the bands I liked. I guess what comes aroung goes around.

Soon I'm going to be telling them stories about back when I was in school. Wait...I already do that. Oh well.

2 comments:

Nelle said...

Oh it gets worse as you get older. Just wait...I am middle aged and work with twenty somethings. When I mention some groups they don't even know who they are. I also find myself looking at some young mothers and thinking they must be cutting school because they look about 15!

Rhonda said...

I really don't know why you were ever shocked by my coolness. I think I am offended by that!