Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Someday is Today

Many times I day I find myself thinking, "Oh...that would make for an interesting blog." Sometimes I even start composing blog posts in my head. Usually, though, by the time I get home I have completely forgotten what it is I meant to write about, though. Today, I know exactly what I want to say, but I have had to kind of force myself to get up and get working on it. I mean...Lost is on!

This week, our church started the book One Month to Live. I am only on day four, but already I know that God has me reading it at this time of my life for a reason! Lately, I have really been called to live life to the fullest everyday. I think it's because I know that I am not where I thought I would be by now, but I don't want to wallow in that fact. I don't want to sit at home on the couch and wait for my someday to arrive. I want to wake up and realize that someday is here. My life is going on right now, exactly in the way God planned it, and if I don't start paying attention I may miss it!

I think if we let it, life can pass us by while we wait for the next big thing. I know I have been guilty of this. When I finish grad school, things will be so different. When I finally become a librarian, life will be different. When I have a baby, life will be different. Well, it will be different, but I shouldn't waste the days and experiences I am having now.

In the book, Kerry Shook asks, "What does it mean for you to accept and honor your current season?" That question really hit home to me. In response I wrote, "Living life to the fullest despite the fact that you think things should be going different. Truly treasuring the experiences you have had because of the season you find yourself in. And, thanking God for the season He has you in, because it is meant to bring you closer to Him."

Are you honoring where God currently has you or are you spending all your time waiting for Someday to get here? For me, it's a daily struggle, but I desire to honor each day that God gives me and live it to the fullest.

So...I created a list of blessings that have come through this season in my life, because I want to remember that while I was waiting for "Someday" I tried to live "Everyday" with joy.

1. I have been able to spend more one on one time with my amazing husband than I thought I would.
2. I have learned what it means to wait on God.
3. I have been able to go on fun trips (yay Disney World!) with friends.
4. Sleeping in on Saturday morning...enough said.
5. Saturday morning movies (did you KNOW that the first movie of the day is super cheap????)
6. and more and more everyday

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are amazing...enough said!

joeandjan said...

Manda, I am so glad God is blessing you so fully and even more grateful you are wise enough to realize it!

Nelle said...

When I was 23 I had a 3 yr old son and learned I had cancer. I went through a very rough year. When my son was 7 I wanted another child desperately and could never get pregnant again. I was devastated and I tried for years. I lost so much of that time and finally I realized I was wasting the time I had. I realize I did have ONE child. It's just that being from a family of 5 I wanted more. I am praying for you. I hope to read one day soon that you are expecting. I do know that whatever happens your faith will get you through it.