Saturday, March 14, 2009

Word Therapy

It was about this time last year that I realized that this whole getting pregnant thing may be a little more complicated than I had originally thought. I knew that it could take a while, and I had a feeling it wouldn't happen right away. I have to say, though, that I had no idea that a year later, we would still not be any closer to becoming parents than we were.

I guess I can't say we aren't any closer. But at this point, we are still labeled "inexplicably infertile." That's never fun, but what are you gonna do, you know?

One of the funniest things about infertility is that you can't really keep it a secret. Your boss kind of wants to know why you keep taking off at the same times each month, and honestly I've never been very good at secrets. I am much too chatty. We decided after a year, when we first started treatments, that we would much rather share our journey with people. We know now that so many people are praying for us, and it makes all the difference.

I have no doubt that my relationship with and understanding of our loving God has grown through the past months. There are so many decisions and choices to be made in the world of infertility, and I pray daily that God will lead us down the path He has chosen for us. I know that there is a chance that God's plan for us may not include having a child naturally, and that's okay. I am not saying it doesn't make me sad sometimes, but it's okay. Who am I to argue with our God? What I do know is that God has a wonderful plan for our lives, and that whatever it is will bring glory to His name. And what more can we ask for?

Anywho, enough rambling for today. I did have to brag on my very cute sister, who sent me an "encouragement" package after our treatment failed last month. How cute is she? She knows me well. And yes, now I have all three High School Musical movies. Whoo hoo! Come over and watch sometime.

9 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

You're awesome. That's all.

The Joyce Family said...

We love you...and I have faith that this time next year your post will be still be giving praise to God but for different reasons(that is if you still have time to keep up with a blog)!!

Rhonda said...

I am super proud of both my daughters...and my son-in-law is pretty awesome, too!!

Miss Nikki's News said...

It was good to see you today! Know I am praying for y'all. Have a great Spring Break!

brooke said...

Love you friend! Enjoy your Razzles!

Libby said...

Hey Amanda...I'm not always the best with words...I just want you to know that we are praying for you and your husband...prayers for guidance and prayers of hope. Take care and know that you're being thought of...

Mark & Kristin Walker said...

Love you both!! Pray for you often!! You make me laugh with your HSM 3!! did i tell you our high school here put it on last week?? they did a GREAT job!! Miss you tons!!!

Leah said...

I love you Amanda! It's so great to share this journey with you! We'll always be there for you guys! :) (We're praying for you always)

Lauren Kate said...

I'm a big fan of therapy...in whatever form it comes in. Words or your HSM dvds. If I was there, I'd make you do wine and chocolate :-)