Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spin Like You Mean It


Forget the bike with training wheels. I have a new nemesis.

Last night, I was supposed to Zumba, but the instructor cancelled. Some ladies encouraged me to go to the spin class, so I thought I would try it out. I took one step into that loud dark room and quickly turned on my heels and darted out. The ladies caught me, though, and assured me I could do it. One hour of pedaling like a crazy person later, I actually felt pretty good. And except for the bruises on my backside today (okay, I may be exaggerating...but not really), I still feel pretty good. Will I spin again? Oh yes...but maybe with some padding.

2 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

You did better than me...Summer and I only made it through the warm-up!! But in our defense we had just finished a step class. You're right it does hurt but I've heard your rump will get numb to the pain after a few times...I'll leave that to you to find out if it's true or not.

Rhonda said...

Feel the burn!!! Remember what we would tell you when you were tiny and suffering through those horrible perms? One must suffer for beauty!!