Saturday, March 21, 2009

Build That Pony

The fact that I am getting ready to go grocery shopping must mean that Spring Break is almost over. Boo. It was great while it lasted, though.

Thursday I got to go back to A-town (that would be Arlington) to hang out with two of my favorite people: Jessica and Mr. Caleb. They are always a good time. Probably because we are very content to sit on the couch together and do absolutely nothing! Perfect.

At first, I think Jessica and I kind of became friends out of necessity. We both had really great friends in college, but then we came home and realized that none of our friends came with us. Mike had grown up with her family, so we naturally began hanging out and lamenting the fact that we didn't really have that many friends back in good ol' A-town anymore (that's apparently what I call it now). It turned out, though, that we actually had a lot in common...besides our love of sitting on the couch and watching movies. We have a similar love/hate relationship with working, we do love a good trip to Pottery Barn, and we both could school anyone at Friends trivia any day.

Now, I count her among my very best friends, and moving away from her was really hard! It didn't help that I absolutely ADORE her son Caleb. I will never forget that night on the elevator when she confided in me that she was pretty sure she was pregnant (and that she had taken over 7 tests just to make sure). Ha!

Okay, back to Spring Break. On Thursday, Jessica and I took Caleb to Build-a-Bear and it was HI-larious. He didn't really "get it" per se, but he still had a great time making "Pony." He obviously named him too!

Caleb and Pony...


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Caleb is so cute that I am going to ignore the fact that you started your blog by saying that you went to see two of your favorite people on Thursday and then went on to name them. I felt sure you were finally going to mention your old mom in your blog (other than the times that you have blamed various childhood failings on me). Have a great week back at school and remember that the real countdown can now commence...The Countdown to Summer Vaca!!!

Libby said...

What a cute kid! Grace didn't really understand making her rabbit when we went either...aren't all the clothes and accessories too funny?