Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Was Never Meant to Work

Seriously. I love me some Spring Break! Having the time to go hang out with friends is so great, and my usually overflowing laundry basket really appreciates the time off. Part of the reason Spring Break is so wonderful is because it's a break from the normal, but I think I could totally get into this kind of normal. Ha!

Anywho, the past two days have been super fun. I have been to Watters Creek (home of the Vera Bradley store) twice already! Yesterday, I went with my best friend from high school Holly and her cute son Brayden. Holly and I haven't really gotten to hang out a lot over the past few years, but now that we live in the same area it's a lot easier to get together!


Brayden at lunch...look at that cute smile! Poor guy ran into a chair with his face the day before...

Today, I met Katie and Annie for round two of food and shopping. Annie was super cute and slept the entire time, which gave her mom and I lots of time to chat and catch up. Katie had never been into Vera before (very surprising since her family loves all things Vera), so we had a great time there. Not to mention all of the Mi Cocina we managed to eat. A little ice cream and shopping later, and we were good to go.



Annie with her first Vera purse. Green to match her super cute St. Patrick's Day outfit.


Katie showing off the "I Was Never Meant to Work" logo. Seriously...I could totally get into doing this every day.

Shopping Report:

A little something for all of you LOFT fans out there. I think they changed their teacher rewards program, and it was fabulous. All I had to do was show my teacher badge and I got 15% off my entire purchase. I got some great deals (like 50 to 80% off), so check it out!

Oh...and I got some gladiator sandals. I never thought I would buy any, because they look silly on my foot with that super long strap. They are coming out with some different styles, though, and I just really liked these. I know at least half of you are thinking they are pretty ugly right now, and that's okay. They are definitely pretty different, but they were just so comfy and weird that I liked them all the more.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

See you have more in common with your sister than you thought you did! Annie was adorable with the purse...I think all girls should be introduced to Vera as soon as possible. The only problem with not working is that then you don't have the money to buy Vera, Mi Cocina, and weird shoes...oh, the irony.

Mark & Kristin Walker said...

seriously, I just told Mark I was reading about you day and katie's...we should all start our cool business together and be neighbors and not ever go to work!! haha and I so saw that green Vera print this week and thought it looked just like you!! maybe Annie will let you borrow it! love ya girl!

joeandjan said...

You have to work! You'd bankrupt Mike if you were home all the time! Love you.

Lauren Kate said...

1)I am not a worker 2) I love Ann Taylor Loft!