Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The W

So today I was wandering through the aisles of a large chain discount superstore...lets call it "The W." Now I'm not going to lie...The W has a bit of a reputation for not being the prettiest or cleanest place to shop sometimes. But their prices are very nice. Well, lately, I have been very impressed with The W. Things have been nice and tidy, the crowds haven't been out of control, and nobody has been mean to me. I was just thinking about that very fact as I heard a very loud crash today at The W. As I walked by, I saw a woman had been trying to get something off of the top of the shelves and accidentally pushed over several items into the next aisle. Suddenly, an older The W worker comes running (or meandering if you will) down the aisle, and the first thing he says (or YELLS if you will) is "Did you not see the sign that said to ask for assistance?"I felt so bad for her. Now, she wasn't following directions, but I know that I try to get stuff off the shelf all the time just because I can't find anyone to help me. So...maybe the worker should have said, "Are you okay? I'm sorry that happened. Next time, please just ask us and we'll be happy to help." I think that would have been so much nicer. But I guess no one appointed me Miss Manners. Although I've always dreamed that someone would.

6 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

So what kind of things do they sell at The W? Is it like Trash Dillards?

The Lewis Family said...

I can't believe you shop at Wal-Mart. What happend? Don't you remember that article you sent me?! Come on, Amanda... Raise the bar. :) :) :) P.S. I will actually be going there for some train stuff because apparently they have the most variety of Thomas the Train. You may have to come with. I'm scared of that place!

Amanda McD said...

I had to go there for school...leave me alone. Besides, I am trying to turn over a new budget-y leaf. Target will always be my number 1 though.

Laurie said...

There are actually some quite posh Wal-Mart's in the Plano/Frisco area, but there are always going to be unsavory employees no matter where you go.

Laurie

brooke said...

I am glad you weren't crushed.

The Joyce Family said...

Okay, I get it..Wal-Mart. That's what happen when someone (T) is wanting to just look at your pics and gets mad if I try to type. I sometimes only have time to skim!