Monday, October 06, 2008

Food Frenzy

As promised I am ready to give you all of the details of my family's day at the State Fair of Texas. Are you ready? Here it is: we ate. A lot. That about sums it up, but for those of you who need a little more substance I will deliver.

Here's the list of foods I consumed:
1. Fletcher's Corny Dog...the 1st thing we eat every year
2. Fudge...the second thing we eat every year
3. Fried pickles...the third...you get the picture
4. Fried avacado chunks
5. Fried grilled cheese
6. Fried dinner roll
7. Funnel cake...has anyone else noticed that they all start with F?
8. Fried Chocolate Truffle
9. Chicken fried steak sliders
10.Sweet Potato Fries
11. Chicken Fried Bacon
12. And one of Joe's nachos

There were some things I missed this year, but don't worry...I'll probably go back for more.

Tomorrow's Post: State Fair Pictures!

4 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

HAHAHA! Holy crap-- that's a lot of food!! I'm SO proud!

Greg G said...

time out...some of US didn't eat that much!

Rhonda said...

Ummm, I'm pretty sure that you left out the Chicken Fried Bacon. Which, by the way, some people ate while watching the itty bitty baby pigs. They will require therapy one day I'm sure. (The pigs not my son...or maybe both)

Wholly Hannah said...

I blame the 48 hours of non-stop I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack feeling I've had because of the stupid chicken fried bacon on you! Haha, jk - I knew I should have backed out when I first saw it, but maybe it will all work out for the better b/c I have sworn off all fried food for at least a year, maybe two. However, if I were to break that and have more at the state fair, I would recommend the fried banana split, which was very creative and pretty tasty...