Thursday, July 15, 2010

Donut Time!

Moving to a different state can be pretty hard. But nothing prepared me for what I would find in Mississippi. Or what I wouldn't find. I think I wrote about it back in the fall, but we have a serious lack of donut stores around here. Especially when you compare it to the donut mecca that is the DFW metroplex. Now, really, this isn't a horrible thing when you consider how donuts aren't super great for you. Luckily, I don't really like to think about such things.

So...imagine my euphoria when a sign popped up a few months ago announcing a donut store was coming to our town! It was perfect timing, because I figured there's no time to eat donuts like when you're pregnant! I think there's some flawed thinking in there somewhere, but I'm good with it.

I have waited...and waited...and waited. And finally it happened. This sign went up:


That's tomorrow people! Once again: euphoria. And then: depression. Because I won't be here. I will miss the grand opening. What if they give away donuts and I miss it? The thought is too much to bear. I'll be back, donuts. I'll be back.

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Joyce Family said...

That's so sad that you'll miss the opening and it's so wierd that we consider that sad.