Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Texas Showers Bring...

Mike and I got to take a quick trip to Texas last weekend, and it was fabulous! We got to see our families, friends, and (of course) eat some great foods that we miss. We didn't really go anywhere fancy, but you don't realize how much you miss simple places like Chicken Express and La Madeleine until you can't have them anymore. The day I got to have french onion soup again was a good day!

The main reason we came into town was for a baby shower. It was amazing, and I am still blown away by what amazing and generous family and friends we have. We had a great time visiting with everyone and celebrating Mr. Max!


The fabulous hostesses: Kristin, Lindsay, Katie, Jessica, Me, Amy, and Holly.
I can't tell you how much I love all of these girls!

The yummy dessert table. Kristin brought her chocolate fountain on a plane...that's dedication right there!

The super cute diaper cake Kristin made...and brought on the airplane!

Hailey (my sister) and me

Mom (soon-to-be Mimi) and me

Love the cute Max banner Jess made!

The delicious cake. Almond extract...yum!

Jessica and me. The shower was at her house, and she made everything look great! I've been waiting a long time for us to be mommies together, and I can't believe it's almost here!

My Nana and Hailey

The Big Six. These are my roommates and best friends from Baylor. We don't always get to see each other a whole lot, but I know that we'll still be getting together when we are old and gray...

I don't know...

Holly (my best friend from high school) and her sweet new baby Hadley.


After the shower. Amy and I are watching Jess' son Caleb do something. I have to post this picture, because it's the only one where Amy isn't trying to not get in the picture! I'll have to show you what she got Max (well...really me) later! Oh, and the food was delicious, Amy!

More after the shower pics:

Mike... I am apparently only going to put up strange pictures of him from now on.

Mike and Heidi. Heidi is Jessica's mom, and Mike and Amy grew up with their family.

Mike and Seth (Jess' husband). Don't they look so excited to be there?


4 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

I look like I'm 6 feet tall next to all of y'all! Glad it turned out to be a great shower!

brooke said...

Love the nice pic of the six of us. I also like how we are divided brunets on the left and blonds on the right. It was great seeing you and celebrating Max.

P.S. Jessica, welcome to my world. I always feel like an ogre around those girls!!

destiny said...

Fun shower! It's so much fun getting to see old friends!!

Rhonda said...

Hey, did you notice that in that picture of you and me, I look for pregnant than you? Nice!