Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baby Shower and Cupcakes...original I know

Last night I helped host a shower for one of my very best friends, Jessica. Her second son, Eli, will be here in just six weeks, so it was time to get ready! Now, Jessica has had a bit of a rough go of it this time. She has gestational diabetes, and she's on insulin shots, so we had to made sure we had plenty of food there she could eat. I, for one, know I stuffed myself full of veggies (a little) and quesadillas (a lot).

It just wouldn't be a shower, though, without a little something sweet! We decided to do cupcakes, and I quickly volunteered since I have quite a bit of affection for those cups of cake. My mom bought me a cupcake tree awhile back, and I love any chance to use it. Plus, I can't pass up a chance to use all those scrapbook supplies I have. Especially since I have given up scrapbooking. Ha! I think the end product turned out pretty cute...and they were yummy too! (Jessica as soon as those crazy diabetes go away, I'll bring you some.) Here are some pics from the shower:



4 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

I fully expect some cupcakes at the hospital:) So, let's hope I don't actually have diabetes!!

Rhonda said...

Cute cupcakes! P.S. It is harder to leave a comment now that I use the way cool google reader.

P.S.S. Jessica, if you read this, you look super cute!!

Nelle said...

When I was pregnant I had mild gestational diabetes and now later in life I have diabetes again. Those cupcakes look heavenly! With diabetes you have to count carbs but if you do that you can sneak in a small amount with a meal. I love the cupcake tree! The way you put the babies name on it was adorable. You are so creative I love to peek in and see what you have done!

Libby said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! What a fun idea for a shower:)