Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Longest Week Ever


Did your teachers and parents ever teach you not to admit when you are home alone? Well, mine did. So every time I wanted to post about what was going on in my life last week, McGruff the Crime Dog popped into my head to remind me about stranger danger. I am not sure that anyone outside of my family and friends actually reads my blog, but McGruff is a powerful force.

Anyways, with that being said last week was busy! Mike was out of town (relax, McGruff, he's back), and I was busy packing and getting ready for the big move. Mike wasn't just out of town, he was out of the country. He went to Guatemala on a medical mission trip with people from Prestonwood and ServingHIM. Yes, while I was up to my eyeballs in bubble wrap and packing paper Mike was watching a Guatemalan gallbladder surgery. He saw some hernia surgeries, too, but that's a story for another day. So, while I was packing boxes I couldn't be too bitter. Saving souls is always a pretty powerful excuse.

An interesting factoid for you: last Wednesday was our third anniversary. Yes, Mike was out of town, but since he's been out of town on all of our anniversaries this wasn't a huge deal. And no, it doesn't bother me. At this point, it's just plain funny. My friend Jessica and I went out for my anniversary, and we had a blast with her son Caleb. You can read about it on her blog, but I am running out of steam here! Anyways, my very sweet husband sent me these beautiful flowers...way to think ahead Mike!

I have a lot more to write about the big move, but my food just got here so you people are going to have to wait. Food wins.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yay food!!! Of course it always wins, you are my daughter (sorry about that by the way). The flowers are very pretty. What a great husband you have.

P.S. Tell Mike that now that he is experienced he can fix mine. We even have working electricity. No flashlights required.

Katie said...

I was wondering where the heck you have been! I'm SO glad you're back. Your blog is my favorite to read. :) How is the move coming? When is it official? The flowers are beautiful by the way. I'll call you soon and we can catch up. Love ya!

THE DECKERS said...

Oh you poor thing. Love the flowers. Mike should give Billy anniversary shooping help ours is soon. I have an invitation for you Amanda to my premier party, but I do not know how to get it to you. We have a blog now too you guys twisted our leg. The link to ours in on Benita's and Zach's.