Saturday, July 05, 2008

My New Best Friend


I think I am in love. I have wanted to go to Costco forever, but frankly I didn't want to waste the money getting a membership. I went today for the first time, and oh my! Now, I grew up going to Sam's. I am well aware of the thrills of gallon-sized mayonnaise and free samples. I have even been known to plan my Sam's visits at lunchtime so as to eat all the samples I could get my hands on (don't lie, you've done it too).

But Costco is a whole new world of fabulousness. I mean, where else can you go to get a new plasma TV, hardwood floors, engagement rings, and a 3 gallon vat of olive oil?? Actually, I was very impressed with their food selection. They have just about everything organic, including my favorite milk and a whole selection of frozen veggies. They also have paper goods made from recycled materials. AND for all of you Gorgeously Green girls out there, remember that shopping in bulk means less packaging and waste. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat something organic.

3 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

Yay!! Now we can piddle-paddle around Costco together for no reason at all... You'll be much more fun than Seth;)

Rhonda said...

Don't forget the entire aisle devoted to candy in bulk. (deep sigh)

Benita :) said...

Awwww...I miss being able to go to Costco...the things you live without when you live in a small country town. We do have a Sam's about 45 minutes away though! THINK POSITIVE THINK POSITIVE! PS Costco usually has cheaper gas too, we would always fill up our vehicles when we were on that side of town.