Friday, October 02, 2015

Our McD 10th Universary Days 1 & 2


Mike and I celebrated our ten year anniversary in July, but we decided to wait until September to celebrate. We headed to Universal Studios in Orlando (thus the Universary...get it?), and we had the BEST time! At this stage in life, we don't exactly get away a lot, so we definitely tried to make the most of our time. We went to the parks, ate some great food, and even managed to see several movies. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, so everything was right there in walking distance...restaurants, movie theater, shopping, the parks...Starbucks. That's the way to do it!

 Up bright and early (I think this was about 5:45 at the airport) for our flight! We actually drove to Texas to leave the kids with family and flew to Orlando.

Proud of ourselves for getting seats together even though we boarded in group C. We weren't so lucky on the way back...

 We ate lunch at the Cowfish (burgers and sushi) as soon as we got there and then checked out the stores. Minions are so hot right now. Ha!

You know I bought this lanyard.

 Day 2...Starbucks again. Apparently I have a problem. You give me and app and tell me I can earn stars, and I'm all over that.

I researched this trip for weeks months, and I knew when to get to the gates, what routes to take...I have a problem. But it's an efficient problem to have! So, after Starbucks we went to get in line at Universal. Just a little tip: they usually open the gates about 20-30 minutes early.

Who has two thumbs and is standing in front of 12 Grimmauld Place? This guy!

 Hanging in Liecester Square

Hanging with the Weasleys in Diagon Alley





Breakfast at The Leaky Cauldron






 
 Shark headband...

 Shark Attack!

It rained on us some every day. Luckily I had my fanny pack well stocked with ponchos.
Yeah...you heard me.

Gilly Water







 There was an Irish store, so we had to.

Optimus Prime photo bombed us...or did we photo bomb him?

Parade time! There are those minions again...




 
We ended the night with Lombard's Seafood and the Cinematic Spectacular. It was a long day, but we had a blast!

 photo amanda signature.jpg

No comments: