Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wreath on the Cheap


I have been wanting to make a yarn wreath forever. My parents are in town right now (which means lots of Max and grandparents time), so I thought I would see how things went! I followed this tutorial and it was actually really easy. It was pretty time consuming at first, but once you get going it's not bad at all. Especially when you consider that these babies are going for $30-60 on etsy, and I made mine for right around $5. Well, plus the few cents for Advil to ease the ache in my arm from winding yarn...ha!

Although the colors aren't my absolute favorite, I think it went pretty well for my first try. I will definitely make more in the future, and I think it would be fun to add different embellishments. My friend Erin made a cute one with snowflakes on it, but I can't for the life of me find it on her blog. Did I make it up or am I going crazy? Either is a very strong possibility...

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

Very cute! I don't think Erin ever posted hers on the blog... just on Facebook. I think she just put a picture up!

Amber Marie said...

Go crafty lady! This is NICE! U should make one for our S.S. door :)

Anonymous said...

How much yard did that take? Looks adorable!

Amanda McD said...

Hey Erin...It took a little less than 1 package of yarn!