Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Talk

I am not one for baby talk, but I do have a few phrases that I find myself saying to Max alot- "can you say" and "yes he does." As in, "Can you say you love your daddy?" or "He loves to play, yes he does." While perhaps slightly goofy, I think this is fairly normal. But now. Oh now. I have reached a whole new level. I noticed it over Christmas, and it is not okay. Because now, I find myself just throwing these phrases into everyday conversation. When people ask me about Max (even when he's not with me), I find myself saying, "Oh he's so sweet, yes he is." Seriously. On more than one occasion. Even when the conversation is not about him. Oh my. I have even been know to ask people, "Can you say I want the tall skinny vanilla latte?" Okay, so I made that one up, but it's so close to the truth it's scary.

Then, last week, I realized I really am losing my mind. I have a habit of kissing Max on the head every time I pick him up, and I guess it has affected me more than I thought. Last week as I was cleaning I picked up a chair. And when I picked it up, what do you think I did? That's right. I kissed it then moved it to the other side of the room. Without even batting an eye. Awesome.

So...if you see me out and about you may want to steer clear. I may talk to you like a baby. Or kiss you. I'm not sure which would be worse.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Misty said...

how about swaying? If I'm standing up, I'm swaying. It doesn't even matter if I have Sam in my arms!

Unknown said...

I knew I was in the same zone as you describe when I found myslf pushing the supermarket trolley back and forward like a pram when I was waiting in the checkout queue!

wcrowder said...

I literally laughed out loud, Amanda!! I find myself doing crazy things too. I have never kissed a chair though...HAHAHA!! Please let spring come quickly so that we can all be friends again!! I'm looking forward to our walks....with lots of neighborhood babies this year!!

Ape Biggles said...

Love your writing. I had a similar experience of absent-mindedness one time, though different circumstances. Coming home, I was obsessed with hanging my keys, but had to go to the restroom REALLY bad at the same time. I opened the door to my apartment, went straight to the restroom and threw my keys in the toilet! True story.