Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas 2010

We spent our first Christmas as a family of three at home in Mississippi. Since Christmas fell on a weekend and Mike had to be at church on Sunday, it just made sense to stay here. We didn't do much, since Max had absolutely no idea what was going on. Like I said all week, all the kid needs is a burp cloth to chew on and he's happy. We headed out after church on Sunday, and then the real holiday happenings began. Max did so well on the trip to Texas. Well...except for this:


This really was one of the only times he cried, though, and we only had to stop twice on the nine hour drive. That's a lot less than we stopped when I was pregnant with him, I'll tell you that.

We spent the week with our families, and the time went way too fast! Here are a few pictures from our week:

At our house on Christmas Day

With Mimi looking at what Santa brought him. Clearly super excited. Or scared.

No wait. Maybe this is scared.

Hailey and Zachry (my brother and sister) wearing our Christmas crowns. Because we're cool and British like that.

Mike and Me

We all got Sing-a-ma-jigs for Christmas. Weird little things. But funny.

My dad in his spot. The doctor tried to make him stay in the hospital during Christmas, but luckily he got to come home (he had surgery earlier in December to remove the cancer in his pelvic bone).

Looking at his new horse, Max (from the movie Tangled).

Whew! What a busy day!

With Aunt Amy at Grandpa's House

With Grandpa

Ready for Baylor's bowl game. Max pretty much called how that one was going to go when he wouldn't stop spitting up on this outfit.

With my cousin's kids. Second cousins?

This is my favorite.

No. This is my favorite.

Max with his good friends, Anderson, Caleb, and Eli. Anderson's brother EJ couldn't come to our McDonough/Vick reunion. These adorable boys belong to our friends Jessica and Erin.

Just because I can't stop laughing at this picture...

Photobucket

4 comments:

destiny said...

Cute pics from your trip!! I'm glad y'all had a good Christmas! Max is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I hope on one of your trips to Texas we get to meet little Max!

joeandjan said...

Ha! Looks like on the last one he had a little too much of something...spiked formula by chance?!

Rhonda said...

Those pics crack me up. How come in the ones at Grandpa's house Bill and Amy look awesome and the pics of dad and me look awful? I demand retakes!!! Ha.