Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pie is Not My Forte

I decided last week that at the ripe age of 27 it was high time that I start contributing when my family gets together. And what do you contribute when there is a funeral? Food of course. And lots of it.

Now, the last time I contributed to a family event was holiday season a few years ago. I was in charge of the green bean casserole. One tiny little mishap and the whole thing was upside down in the middle of my hot oven. Not good.

Well, seeing as how I am much older and wiser now, you would think the whole thing would have gone a lot better. You would think that, wouldn't you?

Turns out, I will always just be me. Although I managed to turn out a pasta salad and two pies, it was not without casualties. This is what happens when you accidently turn on your Kitchen Aid when your chocolate covered beaters are up in the air. The pictures don't really do justice to the mess that was my kitchen.

Frankly, the fact that I made the mess and immediately ran for my camera is the real story here. Apparently I'm crazy. But you already knew that.


No comments: