Monday, July 06, 2009

I don't like cats, but I liked this book

I have a confession to make. I know I am a librarian, and I should probably support great pieces of literature that make you ponder your existence at every turn of the page. But I don't. When I read, I want it to be light. And fluffy. And preferably happy. Now, I realize that that may make some of you gasp. And sometimes I get down with the heavy reads. But usually not.

It helps that I am an elementary school librarian and spend a lot of my time reading books reviewed for fourth and fifth graders. But let me tell you what- they can really suck you in.

Well, I work in the church library once a month, and yesterday as I was shelving I noticed a series that looked kind of interesting. I checked it out, and I am already done with the first book. So good! I really enjoyed it. I thought it had the right amount of humor, romance, and mischief to keep the plot humming along.

I really appreciate Christian fiction that can tell a good story without making you feel like the author took a sermon and inserted some dialogue here and there. There are really a bunch of great Christian authors out there today. Check them out!

PS: The book is Boo by Rene Gutteridge. I'm off to start the second book!

No comments: