Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seriously?



Disclaimer: I would like to take a moment to say that I love Target. Someday in the distant future I hope to be buried beneath the white tile floors that I walk daily. It may just be the best store of all time. That being said, I need a moment to say...

Seriously???? I was almost severely injured today at Target, and I think that I will not be the only one. Did I bump my head while jumping up in down in excitement? No! Did I get my foot caught in the automatic door? No! I was almost injured in the parking lot...and it would have been all my fault. Why? Because in it's effort to be all clever and cute, two things I usually support, Target developed a new stop sign. I did not stop to take a picture of this stop sign, so I tried to re-create it for you. Not fabulous, but it will do.



Now, in this picture, it is very clear that this is an octagon...the universal shape for a stop sign. But from 20 feet away, those crazy white lines make the octagon go away, and it just looks like a circle. I really thought it was just a "welcome to target" kinda thing. Only upon closer inspection (after I almost got run over) did I realize the error of my ways. What was Target thinking???? If I was their lawyer, I would have had some serious objections to that one.

3 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

I can see how that thing is a problem... I get a headache just looking at it!

Rhonda said...

Buried under Target? Really? I would have thought you would have wanted your earthly body to be buried right next to me...or at least Mickey Mouse, but whatev!!

The Joyce Family said...

Thanks for the warning. BTW have you noticed that your mom is always the first to comment on your blog? Does she get a special ring or something to let her know when you've updated?