Monday, August 04, 2008

Confessions of a Twenty-Something Drama Queen


What a day! I decided that with school starting just around the corner, it was time to get to work on my new library. So, I hopped in the car and headed up there. Soon, I was feeling kind of hungry, so I went up to the grocery store and got some food. I wanted something a little different, so I went with a croissant and chicken salad. Apparently, I just couldn't contain my hunger, because that croissant was gone before I even left the parking lot. Up to school I went, with my chicken salad in hand. Just one tiny problem. It is a brand new school with not a fork to be found- not anywhere. So...after searching the school to no avail I knew I was up a creek. What to do? Well, perhaps a more civilized girl would have put that stuff in the fridge and waited for later. But oh no, not me. So what did I do? I searched high and low for something to use and came up with what I thought was a decent alternative. That's right- Amanda ate her chicken salad with a ruler. Oh, yes, I just wrote that alright. A RULER! In my defense, it was still in the package, and I ran it under hot water. The meal was quite delicious, and frankly, it taught me a little about myself. I apparently have no shame.

Compared to that little nugget of information, the fact that I ran over a dead skunk on my way home seems a little tame. But let me tell you what...the smell was anything but tame and I am currently contemplating pouring V8 all over my car. Like I said, what a day.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

See what happens when you move away from me and into that uppity Frisco? Here in Grand Prairie I would have used my perfectly good, God given utensils. My fingers!! Of course, I would have washed them first. Next you're going to tell me that you have bathrooms IN your house up there.

The Lewis Family said...

Hahahaha! That's hysterical. Hey, you can be on my team... I like resourceful people:)

saykay said...

Haha, I found your blog just now and I love that this was the first post I read! :)

Lindsay's Blog said...

Wow, This made me laugh out loud. I then told all my friends about it and they were more concerned. I think You are very resourceful.

I love your house and it all looks great.

Thanks for the call yesterday.

Lauren Kate said...

I think that is SO resourceful!