Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Fun in Dallas

In October, the kids and I got to head to Texas for some fall fun. We always have a good time visiting our families, but we just love visiting in the fall! I suspect it has to do with the state fair, because Fletchers corny dogs are the way to my heart. And fried cheese curds. And fried...well...you get the point. The fair with my family was our first stop of the week, and it was SO HOT but also SO FUN.

We started out with some fun at the petting zoo. The Air Force was playing in the cotton bowl next door, and while we were in there a fly over came by. It was SO loud, and the animals lost their minds.  I've never seen baby goats move that fast.




Hanging out with Big Tex!

 Food Court with Aunt E




 Emmie


 Addie

This is one of my favorite exhibits every year. The kids get to plant the food, pick the food, take it and sell it at the market, and then use the cash to buy groceries {aka: a bag of chips or animal crackers}. They have so much fun!

Edible Cups for the win!


 Emmie



The next day we headed out to the Dallas Arboretum with my mom and Aunt Amy. It is so beautiful out there, and it's a great place for the kids to run around. Fall out there means the kids area is transformed into a pumpkin village, which is always one of my favorites.

 Addie


 Emmie

Sometimes you just can't get them all to look at the same time.
Addie left, Emmie right

 Addie, Aunt Amy, and Emmie

My middle guy and me

 photo amanda signature.jpg

No comments: