Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Philly

I know! It's been a week since we left for Pennsylvania, and I haven't written about our time there. I'm not going to lie. I did really well on the trip, but I have had such a hard time getting up off the couch since we got back!

The trip was great. We got there very late Thursday night, and got up Friday morning ready to go meet Miss C. An impromptu trip through west Philly (Fresh Prince, anyone?) and a couple of hours later, we arrived at her house.

I know you want details, but please understand that we would like to keep the majority of Miss C's identity and life to ourselves for now. We just feel it's not our story to tell; it's Will's. Someday he will know it all, and he will be able to choose what he wants people to know and what he doesn't.

I will say that we had a great time meeting Miss C face-to-face, felt very comfortable with her, and left feeling like Miss C was very comfortable with her decision. We also got to take pictures for Will to have one day, so that was great.

Saturday morning, before the 9 hour airport shuffle began, we were able to spend some time looking around Pennsylvania. We figured next time we won't exactly have time to go see the Liberty Bell! We went down and saw Independence Hall, the Bell, and the of course we had to go see "the Rocky stairs."

And don't worry. The entire time I was there I kept talking about what Benjamin Gates would do. Unfortunately, they don't really let people up on top of Independence Hall.

Anyways, it was a great trip, and we were so glad we got the chance to meet Miss C. It won't be long now!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Stewart Stuff said...

When my mom & I went to visit Lauren in the fall we went to Independance Hall and we talked alot about Benjamin Gates. We were trying to figure out the exact spot that he was at and what brick was the brick that he found the glasses. :) Great minds think alike