Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tastes Like Summer


I have lived in Frisco for awhile now, but today I truly became a Frisconite. A Friscan. A Frisconian. Today was my first encounter with The Snow Cone Lady. And I hope it will not be my last.

Now, I have heard tales of the Snow Cone Lady before, but never had I experienced the goodness. When I walked up to the window I am pretty sure I heard angels sing, and I knew just what to order. A Grape and Cream Snow Cone. Ice? Good. Grape? Good. Cream? GOOD! And let me tell you what, there was no skimping on the cream. And that's important in my world.

Now, the SnowCone Lady has been at this for awhile. She started way back in the 80s when VCRs were 500 bucks and everyone knew who Alf was. She was on the side of Main Street for years and years and almost caused the city to shut down when her hut dissappeared last year. Not to worry, she is in her very own building now over on Elliott by Babe's Chicken. You should totally go check it out. And get the cream.

PS: If you Google Frisco Snow Cone Lady you will see that she has a facebook and a myspace. Apparently, Mary the Snow Cone Lady is a Taurus and she is In a Relationship. Go Mary!

2 comments:

amymcd said...

So why didn't I get invite to the Snow Cone Lady? I want to go.

brooke said...

I will forever be loyal to the snowcone hut near Wal-Mart in Waco. Fla-Vor-Ice has gotten me through this summer since I haven't found a decent snowcone in Houston :)