Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am living in a virtual world and I am a virtual girl...




I have a problem. I am addicted to my virtual life. I mean, I have always enjoyed perusing the Internet, and "Google" became a verb to me long ago. I completed an entire Master's degree online, and completed entire group projects through the computer with people in different states. My real problem, though, began when I got my laptop. I can sit for hours on end watching TV and checking Facebook, my e-mail, and (my new found obsession) reading people's blogs. I even find myself worrying about how I am going to keep up with all my online responsibilities: posting on my blog, Facebook, and keeping my pictures current on Shutterfly. Yes...these are the things that I worry about. There are people in famine all over the world, but my inability to decide whether to post pictures just to my blog or to Facebook too is what keeps me up at night. Sheesh.

Now, though, I find myself in all new techie territory. Last week, I purchased a Wii Fit. It is so fun! Well, I mean, if you count being weighed and measured as fun. The thing is smarter than I am, although it's attitude is starting to get on my nerves. If that thing tells me that I seem a little shaky one more time I am going to give it a piece of my mind (and I think it might just understand me). Then there's the "oh" sound it makes when I step on. Like, "oh, I wasn't expecting you to weigh that much." I feel like it's mocking me, but I'm sure it's for my own good. Despite these features, though, it really is an amazing piece of technology. You can do yoga, boxing, hula hooping (if only you were a fly on the wall in my house), and you can even run through a virtual park. When my trainer took the day off and another trainer showed up in her place, I knew I was in a whole new league of video game.

6 comments:

Katie said...

You crack me up! Your blog is my favorite to read, so you better keep updating it. :) I just finished sitting at the computer for like an hour reading other people's blogs. Really...we are goobers. :)

Rhonda said...

That is so completely funny!! Maybe I will be a fly on the wall. Just me and Clay Aiken...being invisible and all. I really want a Wii, but I'm not sure if my fragile ego can stand the abuse.

The Lewis Family said...

HAHAHAHA!!! We share the same worries... And I'm not even kidding, when you return from NYC I'm coming over to be evaluated by this Wii Fit you speak of. I'm preparing myself to be 100.

Lauren Kate said...

Love the title to this post...

joeandjan said...

LOL, you're a hoot! I see some stay-at-home mom career looming. And can I come play Wii with you? Sounds like you're having more fun than me.

joeandjan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.