Wednesday, January 28, 2015

St Jude Marathon Relay

My relay team

At the beginning of December I ran the St Jude Marathon Relay with my friends. That relay part is very important...I did not run the entire marathon. I would have probably died. As it was, the 6.5 miles I ran was officially the longest I have ever run. I really enjoyed it though, and frankly I'm just proud I ran the whole time. It was a great day, and it was for a great cause!

I was the last leg of the race, so I did a lot of standing around waiting for my time to run. About an hour and a half before my time I got on the shuttle to take me to my starting point. I started getting a little nervous when we got on the highway. All I could think was, "okay, how far is this????" 
It was so cold by the time that I got to my place that people were huddling inside a portable storage unit the race organizers had used to bring in their equipment. It was kind of hilarious huddling in there with people, but it was better than being out in the cold.

When it was finally time for me to go, I have to admit I felt really bad for the marathoners. Here I was on mile 1, and they were on mile 21. I felt like apologizing to every person I passed! The encouragement and hilarious signs along the way were hilarious, and it was over before I knew it. Looking forward to doing it again...maybe.


All done! I felt so bad for Mike waiting around in the cold all day so he could cheer me on.
Until he told me that while I was calling him from inside a freezing wooden box he was sitting at Rendezvous with a rack of ribs. Then I got over it.



Photobucket

No comments: