Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A Weekend in Nashville

Mike and I decided last fall that early this year would be the best time to try to get away just the two of us. Then when we found out we would be welcoming a new family member this year, we knew now was the time. THEN, when we found out it was twins we decided we just needed to keep it simple! My mom just happened to be coming into town on my birthday weekend, so we decided it was our best chance! We ended up heading to the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, and it was a blast. We got to just hang out, explore the hotel, go to the spa, see movies, and sleep! It was a great getaway and a great way to celebrate my birthday!

The view from our balcony

Random lobby shot

Getting ice cream. Mine had already started to melt. By the time we got back to the room I was covered in ice cream. I looked like a toddler.

Just the two of us

More from our balcony

I was a fan of the waterfalls. You could hear them from our room.

The riverboat ride. It was actually really fun to hear all about the hotel. I may be a nerd.


Taking our own picture

Look...water

On the riverboat

The guide told us how much the chandelier back there weighed...and how much the ceiling weighed...and how they'd recently had a gas explosion. After all that I was a little worried!

Bonsai

Best steakhouse ever

On the way home we stopped at the Loveless Cafe. Yum!


Exactly

Photobucket

No comments: