Monday, May 18, 2009

When It Rains...

UPDATE: After lots of appointments and tests this week, my dad has been diagnosed with a sarcoma in his leg. Sarcoma is a really rare form of cancer. Next week we will find out the exact treatment plan. Right now, it looks like chemo, radiation, and surgery, but that may change. Please pray that when the scans from last week come back they will show no spreading to other parts of his body!

Sheesh, people. It seems like life is moving at tornadic speeds at the moment, and I can't catch my breath. I don't have a ton of witty things to say, but here's the gist of what's going on:

1. Many of you know that 15 years ago my aunt and mom opened a daycare center, and since then they have done an excellent job of growing and maintaining their business. Well, Friday, they officially sold their center! It's a really exciting development, but at the same time my mom is kind of like me and we don't do change super well. She needs to find a new job in the next few months, so please join me in praying that God finds the perfect place for her!

2. In December my grandmother (on my dad's side) was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. She is a trooper, but it is definitely taking a toll on her body. I went to see her this weekend, and it is clear that the cancer is starting to rob her of herself. I don't know if that makes sense, but she is having a hard time doing much of anything. Please be in prayer for her as she fights the cancer and spends the time she has left with loved ones.

3. Okay, this one is brand new and a bit unexpected. Today, my dad had an appointment because he has a large (and I mean big) growth on his calf. The doctors were very concerned and told him it could be anything from a cyst to cancer. He goes in for an MRI tomorrow, so please pray that it is just a cyst!

Whew. That's all I have for now. Sorry for the lack of witty banter, but I appreciate your prayers!

4 comments:

Stewart Stuff said...

I'll be praying for your family. My grandfather had pancreatic cancer when I was a Freshman in college. It's rough. I know. One day she will no longer be in pain and be in her full glory.

brooke said...

thinking about you!

Libby said...

Man, when it rains it pours, doesn't it? Your family is in my prayers...

Benita :) said...

Sending prayers your way!