Sunday, March 29, 2009

All of my Social Engagements Include Food

What a fun few days! Friday, I went on a field trip with the 1st graders at my school. We went to aquarium in Dallas, and it was a blast. I won't lie; it doesn't smell great. But, it is amazing to see all of God's creatures up close. I mean, who but our God could have created this guy?


Friday night we went to Arlington, because our friends Zach and Benita were in town. Mike grew up with Zach, and then they worked together at our last church. It was great to get to see them and their cute little boy! We also got to see some of our other old friends. Add in Jessica and Caleb and it was a great time! I will not tell you about the crazy people sitting in the back room with us, because it would not be an edifying conversation. But I will say that when Mike said the prayer he had to SCREAM to even be heard!

Last night we went and ate pizza after church with our friends Caleb and Chelsea. After I read about this place on Lauren Stewart's blog, I just had to try it! It didn't take long to convince everyone to go with me. Totally worth it!

I hope that next weekend will be just as fun. Between Eli's arrival (yay!) and Opening Day Monday, I'm sure it will be! And I'm sure I'll have more food to tell you about.

1 comment:

Stewart Stuff said...

I'm glad that I inspired you to go to Pokey's. Isn't it heaven on earth?